Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Long Term Plan (Week 6/40)

Review Of The Previous Week:
All of the exercises went about as expected. The only thing to note was that the continuation of the Astral Projection and Pore Breathing exercises did indeed have a positive effect on my other daily practices.

Schedule of exercises for Week 6:
-Exercise 3: Self-Awareness III: Criticism of Self (pg 8)
-Exercise 4: Inward Perception I: Stepped Relaxation (pg 13)
-Exercise 7: Inward Perception IV: Tattwa Awareness (pg 23)
-Exercise 12: Breathing II: Pore Breathing (pg 44)
-Exercise 19: Visualization III: Astral Temple (pg 64)
Exercise 7 is the first five days, and then 4 replaces it for the final two days.

Thoughts and expectations for the week:
My expectations for Exercise 3 are the same as last time, I don't think there will be much change.

Stepped Relaxation may end up being replaced by a relaxation technique that I know to work for me. I have given a few weeks to trying it the way Tyson says, and I admit readily that his technique is one that works for many people. However, it does not have the desired effect on me. As far as I can tell, the whole point of a relaxation exercise is to get used to(and proficient in) relaxing the whole body. Following this line of reason, I can safely resume using my previously successful techniques.

I am unsure of the Tattwa Awareness, simply because of the lack of resources here. Unless I order it over the internet or ask someone to send it, I won't be getting any color of construction paper. I may experiment a bit to see if I can substitute something to fill in for the Tattwa symbols. We shall see.

Pore Breathing is a continuation from the past two weeks. I think I will start to see its benefits plateau in relation to my daily practice, but the exercise will still help to maintain them at the level they are now at.

Astral Temple should be interesting, since its an exercise I have used before though for other reasons and in a slightly different way. I don't expect any real difficulty with it.


Misc:
So, I am human... I missed a few exercises through the week due to the fact that one day rolled into the next during some operations out here. Suffice it to say that by the time I realized I needed to do some of the exercises for one day, that day was well past. Shit happens, and I don't think that I am going to lose all hope or benefit simply from missing a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment